Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out. Proverbs 20:5
Biblical Counseling is the process where the Bible, GOD’s Word, is related individually to a person or persons who are struggling under the weight of personal sin and/or the difficulties of suffering, so that he or she might genuinely change the inner person to be pleasing to GOD.
- Family & Marriage Counseling
- Pre-marital Counseling
- Counseling for Addictions (Drug, Sex, Alcohol, Eating, etc.)
- Counseling for Anxiety/Stress
- Grief & Loss
- Anger Control
- Divorce Recovery
- Conflict Resolution
"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But he who heeds counsel is wise." Proverbs 12:15
What can you expect?
First of all, you can expect that everything will be held in strict confidence except where, in the counselor’s judgment, there is a biblical requirement to involve others (e.g. criminal activity).
Second, you can expect that our staff will care for you and treat you with respect.
Third, you can expect our staff to encourage you in your successes and exhort you to think and behave in a way that pleases Jesus Christ.
This definition is based on three important beliefs.
- First, we believe that the Bible, given by GOD, is sufficient for life in that, when properly interpreted, it reveals to the believer all the data necessary for one to understand his need for Christ, how he can please the Lord, and how to live in a GOD-honoring way regardless of the circumstance whether comfortable or oppressive.
- Second, the Bible is also the authoritative source with which all truth claims– including counseling theories that use presuppositions, principles, and/or methodologies that are inconsistent with the proper
interpretation of the biblical text.
- Third, we believe that a genuine heart change is totally dependent on the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
Thus, our view of counseling practices includes the importance of prayer, dependence on GOD, a thorough knowledge of the Word of GOD, and an understanding of ministering to people.
If you are interested in setting up an appointment or have questions please email Ed McGee at email@example.com.